Thursday, August 4, 2016

REID TEE FAVORITE JAMS: HAWK - Chillin' With My Broad


So I decided to not only have do throwback jams on Thursdays but to also tell my memories at the time. This song is one of my favorites by the legendary H.A.W.K. This song takes me back to 8th grade living on the Northside of Houston. At 13/14 I was the average youngster. Playing football, drama, choir all that. And of course at 13/14 your hormones are also raging. I really didn't understand the context of the song fully, but it was the smooth beat and the lazy flow and putting words together like a ghetto fairy tale that made me attract to this song. I remember going to 8th grade dance and getting rolled up feeling like the man to this song. Now as I get older, and understand this song. It truly is a story that will never get old. No matter which way you look at it, H.A.W.K. created a style that was truly before his. To be able to tell some harsh truths but put it in a way that your girl will never be mad at. Well at least not that long lol. If you don't know who the rapper is look up his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment